GEORGE NEWS - The three suspects accused of the murder of Hlompho Mohapi (25) in July 2018 briefly appeared in the George Magistrate's Court on Wednesday 23 January where the case was postponed until 27 February for further investigation.
The accused, Melisizwe Monqo (30), his fiancée Siphosihle Pamba (23) and co-accused Phumlani Qusheka (28), were denied bail in the George Magistrate's Court in August last year.
They have been in custody since they were arrested shortly after Mohapi's body was found next to the Voëlklip road near Herold's Bay by passing fishermen on 5 July.
Before her murder, two life insurance policies and a funeral policy were taken out on her life.
During a conversation with Hlompho's mother, Patricia Koloi, it became apparent that she is still just as heartbroken as on the day her daughter died.
"I will never get over losing my baby. She had her entire life ahead of her and I know she would've made me proud one day. I can't put my grief in words. Every day is torture for me and there's nothing I can do to bring her back. All I have left are pictures and dreams. I just hope that one day justice will be served," the grieving mother said.
Read previous articles:
- Murder case postponed
- Hlompho murder: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder case: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder: Verdict on bail application
- Stains were Hlompho's blood
- Phones to be analysed in Hlompho murder
- Web of deceit behind murder, court hears
- Hlompho's murder: Insurance scams order of the day
- Shocking evidence heard in court
- Phone found in murder suspect's cell
- Trio in Hlompho murder want bail
- Pastor's fiancé 3rd suspect in murder
- Third suspect arrested after Hlompho's murder
- Pastor's bail application next week
- Pastor in court for Hlompho's murder
- Was Hlompho's murder premeditated?
- Confiscated vehicle allegedly used in murder
- Brutal murder leaves many questions
- Voëlklip murder update
- Man arrested after Voëlklip murder
- Victim texts for help before murder
- Vrou se liggaam op Voëlklip-Pad gevind
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'