GEORGE NEWS - The fiancé of a pastor charged with the murder of Hlompho Mohapi (25) from Thembalethu briefly appeared in the George Magistrate’s Court today, Monday 23 July. Siphosile Pamba (25) was arrested at her home in Zone 9 in Thembalethu on Friday.
The case was postponed until tomorrow for legal representation.
The pastor, Melisizwe Monqo (30), was arrested on charges of murder and fraud after it came to light that he allegedly took out a life insurance policy on Mohapi. Police also confiscated a car they found in his possession.
Another man, Phumlani Qusheka (28), was arrested two days after Mohapi’s body was found next to the gravel road that leads to Voëlklip, near Herold’s Bay, on Thursday 5 July. He had her cellphone in his possession. Mohapi had numerous stab wounds to her chest and her throat was partially slit. She was laid to rest in Thembalethu on Saturday.
All three the suspects will appear on Wednesday 25 July where the cases will be joined and a possible bail application will take place.
Read previous articles:
- Third suspect arrested after Hlompho's murder
- Pastor's bail application next week
- Pastor in court for Hlompho's murder
- Was Hlompho's murder premeditated?
- Confiscated vehicle allegedly used in murder
- Brutal murder leaves many questions
- Voëlklip murder update
- Man arrested after Voëlklip murder
- Victim texts for help before murder
- Vrou se liggaam op Voëlklip-Pad gevind
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'