GEORGE NEWS FLASH - The local pastor, Melisizwe Monqo (30) from Thembalethu and Phumlani Qusheka (28), who were both arrested in connection with Hlompho Mohapi's murder, will appear in George Magistrate's Court on 25 July for a formal bail application.
At this stage Monqo faces charges of murder and fraud as he was allegedly involved in taking out a life insurance policy on Mohapi's life.
Qusheka is in custody on a charge of possession of stolen goods. Mohapi's cellphone was found on him when he was arrested in Knysna two weeks ago.
No other arrests have been made at this stage.
Read previous articles:
- Pastor in court for Hlompho's murder
- Was Hlompho's murder premeditated?
- Confiscated vehicle allegedly used in murder
- Brutal murder leaves many questions
- Voëlklip murder update
- Man arrested after Voëlklip murder
- Victim texts for help before murder
- Vrou se liggaam op Voëlklip-Pad gevind
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'