GEORGE NEWS - The three accused of the brutal murder of 25-year-old Thembalethu mother of two Hlompho Mohapi will know tomorrow, Friday 31 August, whether their bail application has been successful or not.
Magistrate Phillip Mgwebile told the court on Friday 24 August that he will deliver his verdict on their bail application on Friday 31 August.
The state opposed bail in the case against pastor Melisizwe Monqo (30) from King Williams Town, his fiancée Siphosihle Pamba (23), and the pastor's cousin, Phumlani Qusheka (28).
The three have been in custody since they were arrested last month shortly after Mohapi's body was found dumped next to the Voëlklip road near Herold's Bay. Before her murder, two life insurance policies and a funeral policy were taken out on her life.
Read previous articles:
- Stains were Hlompho's blood
- Phones to be analysed in Hlompho murder
- Web of deceit behind murder, court hears
- Hlompho's murder: Insurance scams order of the day
- Shocking evidence heard in court
- Phone found in murder suspect's cell
- Trio in Hlompho murder want bail
- Pastor's fiancé 3rd suspect in murder
- Third suspect arrested after Hlompho's murder
- Pastor's bail application next week
- Pastor in court for Hlompho's murder
- Was Hlompho's murder premeditated?
- Confiscated vehicle allegedly used in murder
- Brutal murder leaves many questions
- Voëlklip murder update
- Man arrested after Voëlklip murder
- Victim texts for help before murder
- Vrou se liggaam op Voëlklip-Pad gevind
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'