GEORGE NEWS - The pre-trial date for the three murder accused in the Hlompho Mohapi murder, has been set for 8 November in the George Circuit High Court.
This comes after a long battle to centralise all the cases against the three murder accused, Melisizwe Monqo (31), his fiancée Siphosihle Pamba (24) and co-accused Phumlani Qusheka (30).
The trio were arrested after the brutal murder of Mohapi (25) in July 2018 after she was allegedly lured to her death under false pretences of a job interview at George Airport. Life and funeral policies worth R3-million were taken out on her name shortly before she was murdered.
Her body was found next to the gravel road leading to Voëlklip in Herold's Bay.
They are charged with premeditated murder, fraud and aggravated robbery.
They also face charges of attempted murder after they allegedly attempted to kill three other women using a similar modus operandi in the Eastern Cape.
An indictment regarding all the cases was served to the accused in the George Magistrate's Court today, 25 September.
All the cases have been centralised and will be tried in George.
Adv Evadne Kortje is for the state and the case serves in front of Magistrate Eleanor Mocke.
Clayton Samson represents Monqo and Pamba and Pieter Terblanche from Legal Aid SA is representing Qusheka.
Read previous articles:
- Mohapi murder: Centralisation postponed
- Hlompho murder: Cases to be centralised
- Hlompho murder case continues in George
- Hlompho Mohapi laid to rest a year ago
- Murder case continues in July
- Murder suspect hides knife in rectum
- Mohapi murder case continues in July
- Mohapi murder case to High Court
- Cellphone found in murder suspect's cell
- Plot thickens as Mohapi murder case unfolds
- Hlompho murder trio still in jail
- Hlompho murder case continues next month
- Murder case postponed
- Hlompho murder: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder case: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder: Verdict on bail application
- Stains were Hlompho's blood
- Phones to be analysed in Hlompho murder
- Web of deceit behind murder, court hears
- Hlompho's murder: Insurance scams order of the day
- Shocking evidence heard in court
- Phone found in murder suspect's cell
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'