GEORGE NEWS - The George Magistrate's Court is filling up in anticipation of the appearance of the three murder suspects in the Hlompho Mohapi murder.
A decision to centralise all the cases against Melisizwe Monqo (31), his fiancée Siphosihle Pamba (24) and co-accused Phumlani Qusheka (30), is expected to be made today, Thursday 5 September.
The trio also face attempted murder charges in the Eastern Cape, where they allegedly tried to kill three other women with a similar modus operandi.
The state wants all cases against them to be centralised and tried in George.
Mohapi was allegedly lured to her death under false pretences of a job interview at George Airport.
Life and funeral policies worth R3-million were taken out on her name before her death.
Her body was found next to the gravel road leading to Voëlklip, a popular fishing spot in Herolds Bay, in July 2018. She had multiple stab wounds to her chest and her throat was slit.
The suspects were arrested shortly afterwards. Bail was denied in August last year and all three have been in custody since they were arrested.
Read previous articles:
- Hlompho murder case continues in George
- Hlompho Mohapi laid to rest a year ago
- Murder case continues in July
- Murder suspect hides knife in rectum
- Mohapi murder case continues in July
- Mohapi murder case to High Court
- Cellphone found in murder suspect's cell
- Plot thickens as Mohapi murder case unfolds
- Hlompho murder trio still in jail
- Hlompho murder case continues next month
- Murder case postponed
- Hlompho murder: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder case: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder: Verdict on bail application
- Stains were Hlompho's blood
- Phones to be analysed in Hlompho murder
- Web of deceit behind murder, court hears
- Hlompho's murder: Insurance scams order of the day
- Shocking evidence heard in court
- Phone found in murder suspect's cell
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'