GEORGE NEWS - One of the murder suspects in the Hlompho Mohapi murder, Phumlani Qusheka (29) appeared in the George Magistrate's Court this morning on a charge of possession of a dangerous weapon.
This comes after a large folding knife (17cm long when opened) was found hidden inside his body.
Staff at the George correctional services, where Qusheka is currently in custody, found the knife after it was detected by a metal detector in the facility on 5 May.
The knife, wrapped in plastic, was subsequently removed by the suspect via his anus.
Qusheka did not apply for bail. He will appear in the George District Court on 3 June.
Read previous articles:
- Mohapi murder case continues in July
- Mohapi murder case to High Court
- Cellphone found in murder suspect's cell
- Plot thickens as Mohapi murder case unfolds
- Hlompho murder trio still in jail
- Hlompho murder case continues next month
- Murder case postponed
- Hlompho murder: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder case: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder: Verdict on bail application
- Stains were Hlompho's blood
- Phones to be analysed in Hlompho murder
- Web of deceit behind murder, court hears
- Hlompho's murder: Insurance scams order of the day
- Shocking evidence heard in court
- Phone found in murder suspect's cell
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'