GEORGE NEWS - The three accused suspected of the murder of the 25-year-old Hlompho Mohapi (Koloi) from Thembalethu, appeared in the George Circuit High Court earlier today, Tuesday 6 October.
Amongst the 29 charges against Melisizwe Monqo, Siphosihle Pamba and Phumlani Qhusheka, are that of murder, conspiracy to commit murder, attempted murder, fraud, robbery with aggravating circumstances, kidnapping, defeating or obstructing the course of justice and house breaking.
Today they were given the opportunity to plead to 17 collective charges which mostly involved Monqo and Pamba.
So far Pamba has pleaded not guilty to all charges against her which include fraud, conspiracy to commit murder, housebreaking with the intent to murder, and three counts of attempted murder. Furthermore she also pleaded not guilty to the illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition.
Monqo however pleaded guilty to two counts of insurance fraud and one of the contravention of an interim protection order. He pleaded not guilty to the other charges included conspiracy to murder, robbery with aggravating circumstances, four more counts of fraud, attempted murder and housebreaking with the intent to murder.
The only charges that were read out to Qhusheka today were two counts of conspiracy to commit murder. He entered a plea of not guilty to both these counts.
The alleged incidents on which these charges are based date back to as far as 2017 and relate to incidents that occured in King William's Town at that stage.
Due to a lack of time the case was remanded until tomorrow when the remainder of charges will be read into record by the state.
The case serves in front of Honourable Judge Taswell Papier. Adv Evadne Kortje is for the state, Adv Johan Visser (SC) represents Monqo, Adv Dawie Scholtz represents Pamba and Att Louise Luterek will be representing Qhusheka.
- Mohapi murder trial starts in High Court
- Mohapi murder trial 'locked down'
- Mohapi murder trial date set
- Mohapi murder: Pre-trial to continue in March
- Mohapi trial to start in 2020
- Hlompho Mohapi murder: What we know
- Mohapi murder nearing trial
- Mohapi murder: Centralisation postponed
- Hlompho murder: Cases to be centralised
- Hlompho murder case continues in George
- Hlompho Mohapi laid to rest a year ago
- Murder case continues in July
- Murder suspect hides knife in rectum
- Mohapi murder case continues in July
- Mohapi murder case to High Court
- Cellphone found in murder suspect's cell
- Plot thickens as Mohapi murder case unfolds
- Hlompho murder trio still in jail
- Hlompho murder case continues next month
- Murder case postponed
- Hlompho murder: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder case: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder: Verdict on bail application
- Stains were Hlompho's blood
- Phones to be analysed in Hlompho murder
- Web of deceit behind murder, court hears
- Hlompho's murder: Insurance scams order of the day
- Shocking evidence heard in court
- Phone found in murder suspect's cell
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'