GEORGE NEWS - The Hlompho Mohapi murder trial, which was scheduled to start in the George Circuit High Court on Monday 4 May but postponed due to the lockdown, started in the George Circuit High Court earlier this morning, Monday 5 October.
The case will continue tomorrow when the accused will plead to the charges against them.
The accused, Melisiswe Monqo, Siphosile Pamba and Phumlani Qhusheka, were allegedly all involved in the 2018 murder of Mohapi (25) from Thembalethu.
She was murdered on 5 July 2018. Her body was found by fishermen on the gravel road to the infamous Voëlklip viewpoint. She had stab wounds to her chest and her throat was slit.
The trio was arrested shortly afterwards.
Mohapi was allegedly lured to her death under false pretenses of a job interview at George Airport. Life and funeral policies worth R3-million were taken out on her name shortly before she was murdered.
The accused also face charges of attempted murder after they allegedly attempted to kill three other women using a similar modus operandi in the Eastern Cape.
The case serves in front of Honourable Judge Taswell Papier. Adv Evadne Kortje is for the state, Adv Johan Visser represents Monqo, Adv Dawie Scholtz represents Pamba and Att Louise Luterek will be representing Qhusheka.
- Mohapi murder trial 'locked down'
- Mohapi murder trial date set
- Mohapi murder: Pre-trial to continue in March
- Mohapi trial to start in 2020
- Hlompho Mohapi murder: What we know
- Mohapi murder nearing trial
- Mohapi murder: Centralisation postponed
- Hlompho murder: Cases to be centralised
- Hlompho murder case continues in George
- Hlompho Mohapi laid to rest a year ago
- Murder case continues in July
- Murder suspect hides knife in rectum
- Mohapi murder case continues in July
- Mohapi murder case to High Court
- Cellphone found in murder suspect's cell
- Plot thickens as Mohapi murder case unfolds
- Hlompho murder trio still in jail
- Hlompho murder case continues next month
- Murder case postponed
- Hlompho murder: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder case: Suspects denied bail
- Hlompho murder: Verdict on bail application
- Stains were Hlompho's blood
- Phones to be analysed in Hlompho murder
- Web of deceit behind murder, court hears
- Hlompho's murder: Insurance scams order of the day
- Shocking evidence heard in court
- Phone found in murder suspect's cell
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'