LIFESTYLE NEWS - White vinegar is eco-friendly and much cheaper than general household cleaners.
Here’s how to use it.
How to wash a burnt pot
Put equal parts of white vinegar and water into a stainless steel pot or pan with a burnt bottom, and bring to the boil.
Remove the pot from the heat and add two tablespoons of baking soda. Leave for a few minutes, empty and scrub clean.
How to get rid of a dirty dishwasher smell
- Put a cup of vinegar into a container that’s safe to go into the dishwasher.
- Run the dishwasher on a high heat level for a full cycle.
- The vinegar should break down old food scum and grease, leaving the machine smelling clean and fresh.
How to clean the washing machine
- Put two cups of white vinegar into the washing machine and run a full cycle on the hot water setting.
- Do this weekly to stop mould from building up.
How to clean the inside of a microwave
- If your microwave is covered in splats of food, simply put two cups of water and two tablespoons of baking soda into a bowl and bang it into the microwave for three minutes.
- Remove the bowl and wipe down any grease or dirt.
How to remove limescale from taps
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar with water and soak your cleaning cloth until it’s saturated.
- Use the cloth to wipe away the limescale.
Good idea: Buy a spray bottle, fill it with equal parts of white vinegar and water, and use it to clean the inside of kitchen cupboards.
Good to know: You can also soak your chopping boards in one part vinegar to four parts water for a few minutes. Rinse and dry afterwards.