SOUTHERN CAPE NEWS - The 2012 South African National Parks annual writing competition is in full swing, this competition is an opportunity for everyone to explore South Africa’s National Parks while showing off their creativity through words and photos.
This year, adults and kids will have different themes to work with giving participants more options to choose from. These stories/poems/essays must be based on real-life experiences in one of the 19 national parks in South Africa.
Kids can enter more than one piece of writing from the following themes.
1. My cool adventure driving through the parks with my dad/mom - the driver
2. Most memorable experience at any of the National Parks…begins with: “I could never have imagined my adventure in the wild…"
3. Describe your first experience at Table Mountain....beginning with these 2 sentences:
- “As I stood at the bottom of the magnificent Table Mountain… “
- “My heart beat a little faster as I stepped onto the cableway….”
Adults can submit accounts of their real trips to the Parks and photo stories on their ‘memorable wildlife adventures’ or ‘my 4x4 experiences’.
Entries must be received by 12 noon on 30 June 2012, winners will receive R1 000 each to be utilized for accommodation during a mid-week break.