GEORGE NEWS - Xola Swapi of the George Community Forum has this evening confirmed that the suspension of taxi services in George has been lifted.
This after almost a week of of strike action following a stand-off with local traffic authorities. Swapi says the decision was made in the interest of commuters who have been struggling for the past 6 days.
GO GEORGE will endeavour to provide services tomorrow.
Should full services not be possible tomorrow morning, the following routes will be prioritised:
• New Dawn Park 1A
• Harmony Park 1B
• Syferfontein/Rosedale - CBD 60
• Rosemoor 53
• CBD - Mall 7
• Blanco 2
The final decision will only be announced after assessment of the situation between 05:00 and 06:00 in the morning, prioritising the safety of passengers and staff.
Read related articles:
- Taxi services still suspended, bus service limited
- Effect of taxi strike on employees
- Go George: Limited services
- Go George bus service suspended
- Update: Go George schedule on Sunday
- Update: Taxi suspension continues
- George Community Forum responds to Grant
- Grant plans to shut down taxi ranks in George
- Stranded commuters walk to work
- Commuters stranded
- Taxi operations suspended
- Update: Taxis block CBD
- Taxis block Go George hub
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'