GEORGE NEWS - Mediclinic George confirmed that it is going ahead with the acquisition of the land at Mountview Resort in York Street after receiving permission in principle from George Municipality for the development of a new hospital at this site.
Mediclinic corporate communications manager Tertia Kruger did not want to divulge when construction would start. "At this stage, Mediclinic cannot confirm details of any intended development," she said.
"Mediclinic George remains available to provide the care and expertise expected by the community, with the confidence that all the necessary Covid-19 precautionary measures are in place to receive patients safely.
"We thank George Municipality for their support and approval during the application process."
Mediclinic's application to develop a new hospital at the Mountview site was approved last week.
The decision follows a process of five years during which an initial application to develop on the sawmill site in the Kraaibosch area near the Garden Route Mall was rejected.
- Green light for new Mediclinic Hospital
- No objections to Mediclinic's new location
- No go for mediclinic at Kraaibosch
- 2nd appeal for hospital development heard
- Two possible sites for new hospital
- Mediclinic George application, take two
- Mediclinic not showing its cards
- Mediclinic George eyes various sites
- Mediclinic George application was "only for Hospital"
- Take hands to let development happen
- New hospital development rejected again
- No go for Mediclinic site
- New Mediclinic: Decision expected soon
- Application for new Mediclinic making progress
- New R500-million Mediclinic George
- Specialists need proximity to hospital
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'