GEORGE NEWS - Thanks to the high rainfalll experienced over the weekend, the Garden Route Dam's level has increased to 93.53% (up from 91.48%).
The rainfall since 10 September has been 10,5 mm and the demand / usage has decreased to 28,55 megalitres.
(Please note the Garden Route Dam must be recalibrated by the Department of Water Affairs following the raising of the spillway and dam wall. Until this process has been completed all readings are based on the previous spillway and dam wall height.)
The George-municipality also reminds residents and visitors that section 2B water restrictions still apply in the city and surrounds.
- Handheld watering of gardens using a hose using municipal water: even-numbered households Mondays and Thursdays, 19:00 - 21:00 (summer) and 15:00 - 17:00 (winter) AND uneven-numbered households Tuesdays and Fridays, 19:00 - 21:00 (summer) and 15:00 - 17:00 (winter)
- Mechanical irrigation of gardens (sprayers) using municipal water is prohibited.
- Watering sports fields using municipal water is prohibited, except for golf course greens, bowling greens and cricket pitches, daily 19:00 - 21:00 (summer) and 15:00 - 17:00 (winter).
- Filling up of swimming pools using municipal water is prohibited.
- Washing cars with a hose using municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed, rainwater encouraged), except for commercial car washes.
- Cleaning of outside surfaces using a hosepipe with municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed, rainwater encouraged).
- “OWN WATER” signage must be displayed where applicable and must be proven on request by municipal officials.
- Applications for exemption of some restrictions may be considered on merit.
Report water leaks and burst pipes to 044 801 9262 or after hours at 044 801 6300, as soon as you notice them.
Report contraventions of water restrictions on 0800 424 277. Fines may apply.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'