GARDEN ROUTE DISTRICT NEWS - Garden services provide an income to thousands of people in the Garden Route, but under the lockdown restrictions these companies and their workers have been left without an income since the end of March.
But there is light at the end of the tunnel.
The George Municipality has issued a list of circumstances under which garden services are allowed to operate during the current Alert Level 4 restrictions:
- To perform an essential service;
- To control pests, thus preventing an infestation of snakes and/or rodents;
- To prevent fire hazards;
- The owner of any garden services must personally issue permits to their own staff indicating that the work performed is essential;
Sole proprietors are expected to complete the Essential Services Form 2, as well as an affidavit as per Regulations Issued 12 May 2020 by Department Small Business Development. See the forms below this article.
- PLEASE NOTE - Neither the George Municipality nor the Garden Route District Municipality will issue gardening permits and/or permits to Sole Proprietors
- ONLY permit holders may gain entry to the George Landfill Site for the dumping of ONLY GARDEN REFUSE – no metals/builders rubble to be included. Access will be controlled to allow for Covid-19 Safety Measures.
- The Municipal Garden Landfill Site is only OPEN to permit holders on TUESDAY and THURSDAY from 08:00 to 16:00.
- Members of the general public are NOT ALLOWED to deliver any garden refuse to the Municipal Landfill Site – the green bag programme has been put in place to allow for ongoing removal of garden refuse.
- Essential Service providers are reminded that they must comply with the general lockdown principles in place i.e. limitations in terms of staff transported, wearing of cloth masks, continuous sanitising as well as practicing social distancing.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route news'