GARDEN ROUTE NEWS - We’re all eager to get back to our pre-Covid-19 lives and managing the risks can help us get there faster.
The way we behave and socialise over the coming weeks will be crucial in the fight against a second wave.
As we head into the Festive Season many workplaces will be having their annual year-end function. These events have been identified as a risk as they could easily become “COVID-19 Super spreader events”.
The Department appeals to each and every business and individual to reconsider hosting these events and to rather do these virtually at this time, or postpone them until we have gained control over the resurgence we are experiencing.
Where a social event cannot be avoided, we encourage guests and hosts to:
- Have it outside because fresh air is better
- Review the capacity of a venue – if you cannot maintain 1.5m then consider an alternative venue
- Avoid queues and close contact where possible
- Ensure the venue you are at has its windows open to ensure fresh air circulation and where possible, try and sit close to a window that is open.
- If inside, keep masks on whenever possible (when not eating and ensure that masks cover the mouth and nose)
- Venues should have an attendance register which must be completed by every guest so that all contacts can be traced if a need arise
- If you are sick or experiencing any flu-like symptoms, STAY at home
Daily stats update as of 22 November 2020:
|Mossel Bay||3 004||369||2 552||83|
|George||5 207||1 018||4 056||133|
|Knysna||2 147||423||1 669||55|
|Oudtshoorn||1 726||83||1 525||118|
|TOTAL||13 754||2 229||11 080||445|
From our latest available information, there are 160 patients in hospital of which 50 are in high care or ICU.
Quarantine and Isolation
If you cannot safely isolate at home we urge you to make use of our quarantine and isolation facilities where you will receive temporary care away from home. Transport to and from the facility will be provided, as well as food, laundry services, and waste disposal.
Sick? Stay home and call 080 928 4102 or click here.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'