NATIONAL NEWS - Eskom is to continue Stage 2 load shedding tomorrow, Wednesday 2 September as the power system is severely constrained.
Stage 2 will start at 08:00 and end at 22:00 on Wednesday.
This is how you will be affected:
- George and Sedgefield will not be affected.
- Uniondale will not be affected.
- Oudtshoorn will be off from 12:00-14:30.
- Mossel Bay, Plettenberg Bay and Knysna: 12:00-14:30, 20:00-22:00.
- Stilbaai, Riversdale, Albertinia and Gouritsmond: 12:00-14:30, 20:00-22:00.
- Heidelberg, Slangrivier and Witsand: 18:00-20:30.
- Aberdeen, Rietbron, Uniondale: 09:00-11:30; 17:00-19:30
- Somerset-East & Nieu-Bethesda: 09:00-11:30; 17:00-19:30
- Graaff-Reinet & Middelburg: 10:00-12:30; 18:00-20:30
- Jansenville & Klipplaat: 13:00-15:30; 21:00-22:00
- Willowmore & Cradock: Not affected
- Steytlerville & Waterford: Not affected
- Murraysburg: Not affected
For more information, visit the official Eskom website by clicking here.
Eskom said unplanned breakdowns stand at 11 665MW of capacity, adding to the 4 558MW currently out on planned maintenance.A further degeneration of the system may result in the escalation of load shedding at short notice.
Eskom said the ‘aged generation infrastructure is unreliable and volatile’, adding that this constrained power system is expected to last for the rest of the week.
- To check your local load shedding schedule, click here.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'