GEORGE NEWS - The Garden Route Dam level is currently at 59.34%.
32 mm of rainfall has been recorded by the George Municipality over the past week.
Section 2C water restrictions and emergency tariffs remain in place.
• 15kl per month limitation per household, after which emergency tariffs apply.
• Businesses must reduce consumption by 15% or may be fined.
• Large industry must reduce consumption by 10% or may be fined.
• “Own water” signage where applicable and must be proven on request by municipal officials.
During Section 2C restrictions, municipal water may not be used for:
• watering gardens mechanically or with a hosepipe;
• cleaning of outside surfaces with a hosepipe (buckets allowed);
• washing cars with a hosepipe (buckets allowed);
• watering sports fields, and
• filling up of swimming pools.
Infographic courtesy of George Municipality.
Read related articles:
• Garden Route Dam Level update
• Dam level over 50%, restrictions remain
• Water restrictions still in place
• Business guide to water restrictions
• George citizens must halve water usage
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'