GEORGE NEWS - Road users entering Caledon Street from Darling Street have been ignoring the direction from the flag person. This is a serious safety concern, and as such the contractor has closed Darling Street. “Residents Only” signage has been put up to indicate this to all road users.
The road reserve used by residents for gaining access to their properties will be kept open. We urge all residents and road users to please be aware of the direction of traffic at all times and to allow the flag personnel to direct the flow of traffic.
Please be aware of the following:
- The contractor has been experiencing vandalism of his signage, either being stolen, deliberately damaged, driven over or moved. The contractor is endeavouring to keep the signs in place for safety. If anybody knows of or has seen people vandalising the signs, please contact us so that we can take the necessary action.
- The concerns regarding the stop/go and flag men are being addressed, and continued attention is being given to ensure the safety of the motorists using Caledon Street and the flag men.
- We urge residents and business owners to please proceed with caution during the roadworks.
- Please note that the roadworks are weather dependant.
Your continued support and patience is appreciated during this time.
Please send all concerns, comments and suggestions to the following e-mail address or phone number: email@example.com; 082 305 5097.
Read previous articles:
- Caledon Street: Temporary closure
- Caledon Street roadworks update
- Caledon Street update
- Patience asked for upgrade
- Big machinery for upgrade tonight
- Roadworks on Caledon to end in November
- Caledon Street closed on Monday
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'