GEORGE NEWS - Please note the scheduled commencement of the milling of the next section is weather dependent and will start as soon as conditions allow. Also note that when they start they will provide a ramp to the affected driveways, but it may be necessary for vehicles to drive within the road reserve on the pavements and lawn areas where access is not possible.
Please be cautious when using the ramps and when driving over the verges.
There is a full photographic record of the conditions of all driveways and pavements and these will be rehabilitated if and when necessary at the end of the contract based on the municipal requirements for their property.
Work may start up again based on the weather forecast on Saturday or Monday as weather permits.
Please be aware of the following:
- The contractor has been experiencing vandalism of his signage, either being stolen, deliberately damaged, driven over or moved. The contractor is endeavouring to keep the signs in place for safety. If anybody knows of or has seen people vandalising the signs, please contact us so that we can take the necessary action.
- The concerns regarding the stop/go and flag men are being addressed, and continued attention is being given to ensure the safety of the motorists using Caledon Street and the flag men.
- The flag men teams have been increased to ensure all road users are aware of the flow of traffic.
- We urge residents and business owners to please proceed with caution during the roadworks.
- Please note that the roadworks are weather dependant.
The continued support and patience of the public is appreciated during this time.
Please send any concerns, comments and suggestions to the following e-mail address or phone number: firstname.lastname@example.org; 082 305 5097.
Read previous articles:
- Patience asked for upgrade
- Big machinery for upgrade tonight
- Roadworks on Caledon to end in November
- Caledon Street closed on Monday
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'