ATHLETICS NEWS - The organisers of the FNB Run Your City Series (RYCS), together with Puma South Africa, have just launched the Friday 5K Solo Run campaign.
Consisting of five 5km virtual runs, the Friday 5K Solo Run Series will take place weekly from tomorrow, Friday 21 August, until Friday 18 September.
The series forms part of an exciting campaign that will build up to the FNB RYCS Heritage Day Virtual Run, taking place on Thursday 24 September.
Runners from all over South Africa are invited to partake. Entry is free of charge.
There are awesome sponsored prizes up for grabs each week and at the end of the series one lucky runner will take home the grand prize, which will be an impressive Puma x First Mile hamper and a pair of Puma Ultraride running shoes to the value of R10 000. "We cannot wait to see all the photographs of runners having fun. Enjoy the Friday 5K Solo Run Series with us," says Puma marketing director Brett Bellinger. "It's easier to keep fit if you're having fun.
"The Friday 5K Solo Run Series, powered by Puma, is a great way to stay active and engage with the running community. We will definitely be participating and challenge all SA runners (and walkers) to do the same."
For further information on the Friday 5K Solo Run Series powered by Puma and/or the FNB Run Your City Series Heritage Day Virtual Run, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://runyourcityseries.com/
The event dates are:
- Friday 21 August 2020 (Friday 5K Solo Run #1).
- Friday 28 August 2020 (Friday 5K Solo Run #2).
- Friday 04 September 2020 (Friday 5K Solo Run #3).
- Friday 11 September 2020 (Friday 5K Solo Run #4).
- Friday 18 September 2020 (Friday 5K Solo Run #5).
What is required to win a prize with the Friday 5K Solo Run Series:
• Take a photograph of yourself before, during or after each run.
• Share the photograph together with a caption that answers the question "Why do you run?" to the FNB RYCS social media platforms (FNB Cape Town 12K CITYRUN, FNB Durban 10K CITYRUN or FNB Joburg 10K CITYRUN). Each run needs to be completed (and the photograph loaded to social media) by 23:59 on the stipulated date.
• Remember to tag @PUMASouthAfrica and use the following hashtags: #ForeverFaster #FNBRunYourCity
• Please abide by all legal government regulations for exercise.
The prizes at stake are:
• Weekly sponsored prizes will include (but are not limited to) awesome gifts from: Puma, Thule, Coca-Cola, The President Hotel and Rialto Foods.
• Puma South Africa will also give away one pair of Puma Ultraride running shoes per week.
• At the end of the campaign the names of the runners that complete all five Friday 5K Solo Runs and share their photographs and captions to the FNB RYCS social media platforms will go into a lucky draw for the grand prize, an impressive Puma x First Mile hamper and a pair of Puma Ultraride running shoes to the value of R10 000.
Remember to share your experience via social media
Facebook: PUMASouthAfrica / Ctown12 / Durban10k / Joburg-10K
Instagram: @pumasouthafrica / @capetown_12 / @Durban10k / @Joburg10K
Hashtag: #ForeverFaster #FNBRunYourCity
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'