NATIONAL NEWS - When a fire starts, it can spread quickly.
Remember: Not every fire is the same. Different fires can have different hazards and risks.
Please note: Using the wrong type of fire extinguisher could do more harm than good.
Please be cautious
Did you know there are six (6) types of fire?
The types of fire and classes include:
• Class A - fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles.
• Class B - fires involving flammable liquids such as petrol, diesel or oils.
• Class C - fires involving gases.
• Class D - fires involving metals.
• Class E - fires involving live electrical apparatus. (Technically ‘Class E’ doesn’t exists however this is used for convenience here)
• Class F - fires involving cooking oils such as in deep-fat fryers
Within the next few days we will be sharing more information about these different types of fires.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'