MOTORING NEWS - Crime rates have peaked again and living in South Africa, you need all the help you can get to keep your property safe.
One of the most valuable items you may ever own is your motor vehicle.
Here are some tips on how to keep it safe:
• Park in an area that has a lot of foot traffic of shoppers or the like where it is well-lit.
• Keep all your windows slightly open as it is a lot harder to break a window when it has a bit of give.
• Be vigilant and aware of your surroundings. Look around to see if anyone looks suspicious or if you are being watched.
• Try to park as close to where you need to be as possible.
• Make sure you do not leave any valuables in your car and always remove your car radio when leaving your car.
• Make sure you have anti-theft devices installed.
• Never leave your car running, thinking you will be very quickly.
• Keep track of your car keys and make sure they are secure with you at all times.
• Make use of a GPS tracking company in the event that your vehicle is stolen.
• As far as it is within your control, don’t stop in a deserted area or area that is unsafe.