GEORGE NEWS - Mirror, mirror on the wall, who has the most awesome beard of them all? It's lockdown, and who needs to shave if you're only leaving the house for essential shopping? For this reason, we are on a quest to find the George Herald reader with the most impressive beard.
We know you'll be thirsty after lockdown, which is why a case of beers is on the line. You will also be named George Herald King of Beards - a title you can forever use to brag around the braai, while fishing, or doing whatever it is men with beards do.
We may even decide to choose a Group Editors Ultimate Beard King of the entire district.
How to enter?
Simply send a photo of you boasting your beard to email@example.com or WhatsApp on 082 849 8735. Your entry must include your name, town, and for how long you have been growing your beard. Guys (and gals) who sported beards prior to lockdown are also most welcome to enter.
You have until the end of Thursday 21 May to submit your bearded entries.
Photos of the entrants will be posted on the George Herald Facebook page on Monday 25 May, where your friends will have 3 days to vote by liking your picture.
NB: They first have to like our page for their votes to count. These votes will be taken into consideration, but our panel of beard experts will have the final say.
May the best beard win!
Terms & Conditions:
- The competition is open to residents of the Southern Cape and Karoo.
- The competition is not open to Group Editors’ employees and their families.
- Entries submitted after midnight on 21 May will not qualify.
- Your entry must include a photo, your name, town, and for how long you have been growing your beard.
- The judges' decision is final.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'