GEORGE NEWS - The Checkers Hyper at Eden Meander Lifestyle Centre has been closed to the public after a fire broke out in the shop this morning.
According to unconfirmed information, the fire started at the shop's distribution board.
The shop entrances are open and the smell of smoke is hanging throughout the centre.
Public entrance is barred by stacked shopping trolleys.
The manager referred the newspaper to the Checkers media division and more information is being awaited from them.
A brief power interruption affected the whole centre, but it is now back to business as usual.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'