GEORGE NEWS - A Covid-19 patient who has been in ICU at George Mediclinic for more than a week, succumbed to the virus yesterday.
This was confirmed by George Mediclinic manager, Kassie Karstens today.
George has now recorded 5 Covid-19 deaths.
To date, 9 people have succumbed to the disease in the Garden Route district: 5 in George, 1 in Mossel Bay, 2 in Knysna and 1 in Hessequa.
Recorded number of Covid-19 cases for the Garden Route District as at 13:00 today, Sunday 14 June:
- George 148 (83 recoveries)
- Hessequa 19 (12 recoveries)
- Kannaland 3 (2 recoveries)
- Knysna 88 (59 recoveries)
- Mossel Bay 63 (29 recoveries)
- Oudtshoorn 19 (9 recoveries)
- Bitou 16 (15 recoveries)
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'