SOUTHERN CAPE NEWS - The Liberty TransCape MTB Encounter, in partnership with Stanlib and Volvo, is an iconic seven-day mountain bike race over 614km.
It takes 270 intrepid adventurers over seven incredible stages and 10 200m of vertical ascent from Knysna to Franschhoek in the Cape Winelands.
The event is held from 4 to 10 February.
It’s an all-inclusive, unforgettable luxury off-the-bike experience and an incredibly rewarding on-the-bike journey over some of the finest MTB terrain in the country.
The 2018 route:
- Stage 1: Knysna to Wilderness – 71km; 1 350m ascent
- Stage 2: Wilderness to Mossel Bay – 86km; 1 900m ascent
- Stage 3: Hartenbos to Riversdale (Roller-coaster stage) – 102km; 1 600m ascent
- Stage 4: Riversdale to Swellendam – 106km; 1 500m ascent
- Stage 5: Swellendam to Greyton – 99km; 1 200m ascent
- Stage 6: Greyton to Houwhoek (Cape Wagon stage) – 74km; 1 050m ascent
- Stage 7: Houwhoek to Franschhoek – 73km; 1 850m ascent
More info & entries: www.transcapemtb.co.za.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'