- Get at least seven hours of quality sleep before you leave on your journey.
- Wear good quality sunglasses.
- Eat a decent meal before you head out. Something nutritious and energising but not too heavy.
- If driving long distance, plan your trip to incorporate a 20-minute break every two hours. There are plenty of petrol station rest stops along the major routes.
- Do some walking during your break.
- Stay hydrated during your journey.
- Share the driving with another responsible driver.
- Try to avoid driving when you would normally be asleep.
- Do not consume alcohol before or during your drive.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Klein Karoo, Hessequa news'