LIFESTYLE NEWS - Win your family over with this yeast-free, thin and crispy crust pizza that’s easy to make.
- 1 x 410g can tomato puree
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- A few basil leaves, torn into smaller pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 160ml ice-cold water
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Extra olive oil, for brushing
- 2 cups grated or sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 small red onion, coarsely sliced or chopped
- 125g mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- ½ cup each black and green olives, pitted
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 x 300g can Bull Brand Corned Meat, cut into small cubes or thin slices
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper and dried origanum
- For the sauce, combine the tomato puree, garlic and basil. Heat and set aside to cool.
- For the bases, mix the water and 60ml oil. Place the flour and smooth.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes then divide it in two and roll out each piece thinly.
- Place on greased baking sheets and brush with extra oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 230°C for 5–8 minutes or until cooked.
- Spread the bases with sauce, cover with cheese and arrange the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Season with salt, pepper and origanum and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts then slice and serve.
Recipe supplied by Bull Brand