GEORGE NEWS - Men for God Ministry (M4G) will be presenting a training seminar, 'Authentic fatherhood', from Thursday to Saturday, 14 to 16 November.
It is based on the book titled The world needs a father by Cassie Carstens. The times are 18:30 to 21:30 on 14 and 15 November, and 09:00 to 13:00 on 16 November. The cost to cover the expenses is R150 per person. This includes a training manual and refreshments.
The venue is the Barkley Oates Building, just off Courtenay Street and next to the Blood Bank, opposite Kafe Serefe restaurant.
"This is a life-changing seminar and we invite interested men to book as soon as possible as space is limited to 25," said Rob Bourke, one of the organisers.
For more information, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Effect on children
The American political scientist Stephen Baskerville says, "Virtually every major social pathology has been linked to fatherlessness. Violent crime, drug and alcohol abuse, teen pregnancy, suicide. All correlate more strongly to fatherlessness than to any other single factor."
According to statistics, men commit 90% of major crimes, 100% of rapes, 95% of burglaries, and 91% of offences against the family, and men comprise 94% of drunk drivers.
How does this affect children?
- 63% of suicides come from fatherless homes.
- 80% of rapists motivated by displaced anger come from fatherless homes.
- 70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes.
- 87% of children on the Cape Flats do not live with their biological fathers.
- 85% of children with behavioural problems come from fatherless homes.
- 71% of children who do not finish school come from fatherless homes.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'