GEORGE NEWS - A woman from Rosedale lost her home in Genesis Street to a fire on Thursday 6 September.
Berenice Claassen said she was in her bedroom at about 16:00 when she smelled smoke.
"When I opened the door I saw that my ceiling had already caught fire," she said. The fire originated in a wooden lean-to attached to her house. Nobody was injured in the fire.
Municipal Councillor Sean Snyman visited her home today, Friday 7 September. He said the municipality had immediately provided food and clothing and would provide assistance in the rebuilding of her house.
"The main structure is still intact but she lost all her possessions," said Snyman. As a member of the Lions Club he said the organisation would provide shoes; Round Table had organised hot meals for the weekend.
Claassen said, "I am sad about having lost everything, including my washing machine. TV and stove."
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'