GEORGE NEWS - The collection and delivery of blue and green bags is still being done by George Municipality.
Municipal refuse trucks will collect blue and green bags on the same day as black bags, but not at the same time. A separate trip will be made for the collection of the blue bags.
Households or businesses that are actively recycling and require additional green or blue bags, or have not received the two blue and two green replacement bags, can either phone 044 802 2900 with their address to report, or collect from the municipality’s Department Environmental Services at 82 Meade Street.
The municipality remains committed to waste reduction and recycling and acknowledges that the current system is not without flaws, but all attempts are being made to resolve issues as they arise.
The areas currently serviced by recycling include all suburbs of George, as well as the outer areas of Wilderness, Kleinkrantz, Hoekwil, Victoria Bay and Herold’s Bay.
- Reception/all departments: 044 802 2900 firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Uncollected BLACK bags 044 802 2900/20 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uncollected GREEN and BLUE bags: 044 802 2900/ email@example.com
Households may put out seven black, four green and an unlimited number of blue bags.
Additional tied bundles of branches are allowed if they are shorter than a metre and can be picked up by one person.
BLUE bags are for non-soiled recyclable materials, including plastic, paper, card board, glass etc.
GREEN bags are for green waste, including organic kitchen waste such as fruit and vegetable peels, as well as garden waste, including grass cuttings, leaves etc. No soil is allowed in green bags.
BLACK bags are for ‘wet’ waste, things that cannot be recycled.
All refuse bags must be put out by 07:00 on removal day.
Please don’t put bags out the day or night before removal.
Please wrap broken glass in newspaper before placing in bags to prevent injuries to workers.
A pack of 26 black bags is distributed to households quarterly.
REFUSE REMOVAL DAYS
- MONDAY: Blanco, Riverlea, Heather Park, Heatherlands, Glen Barrie, Kraaibosch, Groenkloof, Blue Mountain Village, Herold's Bay, Victoria Bay, Rondevlei area (George side)
- TUESDAY: Le Vallia, Rosemoor, Conville, Protea Park, Parkdene, Ballotsview, Borcherds, Lawaaikamp, Thembalethu, Wilderness, Constantia Kloof, Kleinkrantz
- WEDNESDAY: Camphersdrift, Fernridge, Denneoord, Bodorp, Blommekloof, Tweerivieren, Hoogekraal, Hoekwil, Touwsranten farm areas
- THURSDAY: Wilderness Heights, Dormehlsdrift, George South, Le Grand, Bos en Dal, Groeneweidepark, Sinksabrug, Herold, Geelhoutboom, Eselsjacht, Hansmoeskraal, Jonkershoek, Rooirivierrif, Pacaltsdorp, Rosedale, Waboomskraal, Touwsranten village
- FRIDAY: Glenwood, Loerie Park, Eden George, Genevafontein, Denver Park, Bergsig, Eastern Extension
- BUSINESSES: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'