GEORGE NEWS - Protection Services - Law Enforcement, GIPTN PTOO, Disaster Management Centre, Fire Services, Anti-Land Invasion and Fleet Management - buildings in Cathedral and Mitchell Street remain closed to the public.
These emergency services operate 24/7:
- Fire emergencies only: 044 801 6311
- Law Enforcement: 044 801 6350
- Anti-Land Invasion: 044 801 9310
- GIPTN PTOO: 044 801 6345
- All after-hours emergencies: 044 801 6300
Traffic Department Office, Mission Street, Pacaltsdorp – Enquiries to 044 878 2400. Open to the public – 08:00 until 15:00 from Monday to Friday.
Driving Licence Department, Mission Street, Pacaltsdorp – Enquiries to 044 878 2400. Open to the public - 08:00 until 15:00.
Appointments Drivers Licence Tests from 3 August
The Pacaltsdorp Licencing Department is appealing to the public whose Learners Licence will expire before 31 January 2021, to start making bookings for Driving Licence Tests from the 3 August 2020. From this date the department will also assist with new appointments for learner’s licences.
Collection of Renewed Drivers Licences
Pacaltsdorp Licencing Department will be open from Monday to Wednesday between 16h00 -18h00 for the collection of renewed drivers licences.
Please take note only people who have received an SMS in this regard can visit the Driver’s Licence Department in Mission Street, Pacaltsdorp.
The rule of no proof, no pick up, applies and the SMS must be shown prior to you being assisted.
Motor Vehicle Registration, Hibernia Street - Enquiries to 044 801 9310 or 044 801 9311. Open to public - 08:00 until 15:00, on Wednesdays close at 14:00.
Vehicle Testing Station, Hibernia Street – 08h00 until 15h00. Enquiries 044 801 9312. Open to public 08h00 – 15h00 from Monday to Friday.
George Municipality requests members of the public to please only visit the Motor Vehicle Licencing offices , the Motor Vehicle Testing Station and Traffic Department if absolutely necessary – extensions have been granted to those whose licences expired during lockdown.
The Vehicle Testing Station and Motor Vehicle Licencing office in Hibernia Street are open to the public but the offices can only deal with 25 persons at a time inside the building and yard, in terms of the social distancing requirements - the Covid measures which include sanitisation, taking of temperature and registering of your personal details are time consuming which leads to further delays. The public must please take note that the gates will be closed once that quota of persons is reached. The offices are fully staffed and bulk transactions are only being handled after hours.
The municipality would like to again remind residents that learner’s licences, driver's licences, temporary driver's licences and professional driving permits that expired between 26 March and 31 May and could not be renewed due to the Covid-19 national disaster and consequent restrictions, are still considered valid as amended this week with the VALIDITY EXTENDED TO 31 JANUARY 2021.
In addition, all motor vehicle licence discs, temporary permits and roadworthy certificates which expired between 26 March 2020 and 31 May are deemed valid until 31 August 2020.
Furthermore, motor trade number licences which expired between 26 March 2020 and 31 May 2020, will also be given a grace period ending on 30 November 2020.
Applicants who had appointments during the lockdown period (27 March – 1 June 2020) or during the times when the offices were closed due to Covid-related incidences, will be notified by SMS of their new appointment dates and times . If, for some reason, you do not receive an SMS, please contact the licencing service centre – all contact details are on the back of your payment receipt. The general number for the centre is 044 878 2400.
Take note - You don't have to go to the MVR offices in person. Members of the public can register via E-Natis website or app to receive their MLV2
Online electronic payment of vehicle licence renewals
The customer starts by registering a profile online at https://online.natis.gov.za/#/
Choose between registering as an individual or business.
The following information will be required:
- Individual: initial, name, surname, ID number, driving licence number, contact details via mobile phone or email.
- Organisation: name of business, ID number of proxy, driving licence number of proxy, contact details via mobile phone or email.
- A one-time pin will be sent to your email or mobile phone number, which you must enter online.
- Go to the ‘View motor vehicle renewals’ section and verify the information.
- Access and/or download your electronic motor vehicle licence renewal nocie (also known as a MVL2 notice).
- The amount for the renewal of your vehicle will be on the notice.
- Pay this amount into the George Municipality ABSA bank account (details below) and use the relevant vehicle licence number as a reference.
- ABSA Cheque Account number: 01022220981 (Branch Code 632005)
- Email the proof of payment to
- Keep a copy of your proof of payment in the relevant car until you receive your licence disk, but keep your expired disk on your window in the meantime.
- Once payment reflects on the municipality’s bank statement, the vehicle licence will be processed and the Renewal will be posted to your registered address or you can request Collection from the MVR Offices at Hibernia St and will be sent an SMS when your licence is ready for collection.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'