GEORGE NEWS - Your emergency 'grab bag':
Pack the following:
- ID's, Passports & Birth Certificates
- Insurance Papers
- Policies & Personal Documents
- Clothing for 1 week
- Pet Food & leashes (if applicable)
- Memories - Pictures, hard drives, family keepsakes.
- Sentimental Items - Jewellery & Photo Albums.
- Phone Chargers
- Sleeping Bags
- Non perishable Foods
- Drinking Water
- Fire Arms (if applicable)
Pre- arrange a travel plan & potential accommodation with family or friends.
Remember, time is of essence. Plan well so that you are not caught unprepared in a mass
You have a limited time to evacuate, and there will be NO TIME to WASTE OR PANIC.
- It is also advisable to ensure that trustworthy persons or institutions, have copies of your
"Life Documents" off-site
- If you have time to photograph the interior & exterior if your residence for insurance
purposes will make it easier afterwards.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'