WESTERN CAPE NEWS - As of 13:00 on Tuesday 16 February, the Western Cape has 5 488 active Covid-19 infections with a total of 272 526 confirmed Covid-19 cases and 256 099 recoveries.
The Western Cape has recorded 79 additional deaths, bringing the total number of COVID-19 related deaths in the province to 10 860. We send our condolences to their loved ones at this time.
- Total confirmed Covid-19 cases: 272 526
- Total recoveries: 256 099
- Total deaths: 10 939
- Total active cases (currently infected): 5 488
- Tests conducted: 1 292 654
- Hospitalisations: 1 464 with 320 in ICU or high care
Additional data is available on the Western Cape Covid-19 data dashboard which also features active cases per sub-district, active cases per 100 000 and 7-day moving averages.
State of the Province Address:
Tomorrow I will deliver my State of the Province Address in Genadendal.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'