ENTERTAINMENT NEWS - Tamaryn Green won the 60th Miss South Africa pageant at Time Square in Pretoria on Sunday night.
The Western Cape beauty competed against 11 other contestants for the prestigious title.
She will be representing South Africa at the Miss Universe pageant at the end of the year.
Here are 10 things you need to know about the woman who was crowned Miss South Africa 2018.
1. Tamaryn Green is a doctor in training. She is a sixth year medical student at the University of Cape Town.
2. She was proudly born and raised in Paarl, and attended William Lloyd Primary School.
3. She is a fitness fanatic who lives by the motto “healthy body, healthy mind”. She regularly visits the gym and sees exercise as a way to relieve stress.
4. The 23-year-old is no stranger to the pageant world. She has competed in seven other pageants and won the titles of Miss Immanuel, Miss New Orleans, Miss Rochester and Paarl’s Miss Funky Buddha.
5. Her favourite Miss South Africa is Rolene Strauss because: “She has managed to win the Miss SA and Miss World crown, qualify as a doctor, get married and start a family. These achievements have been on my list of goals since I was a young girl.”
6. Her biggest role models are her father, who is a curriculum adviser, and mother, who is a Grade R schoolteacher.
7. She has two siblings: her 26-year-old sister is a qualified physiotherapist, while her 19-year-old brother is a second year BA student.
8. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, swimming, spending time with friends and family, as well as reading romance and drama novels.
9. Her favourite TV shows are Grey’s Anatomy and Friends, and she has a weakness for love songs.
10. As Miss South Africa, Tamaryn plans to use her medical knowledge to help and heal. She also aims to inspire and motivate South African women to overcome their challenges.