LIFESTYLE NEWS - South Africans will be celebrating the national public holiday and many will be gathering around a braai. Here is a new recipe for you to try:
- 600g thick boerewors
- Organic olive oil, for drizzling
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ large onion, diced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons treacle sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup of Castle Lager
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
1. Fry curry powder in a dry pan for one minute, add tomato paste and stir. Deglaze the pan by adding the Castle Lager and white wine vinegar.
2. Bring to the boil, then add treacle sugar, salt, diced onion and chopped garlic. Boil for about two minutes. Remove from the heat and add olive oil. Let the marinade cool slightly.
3. Place the thick boerewors into a sealable plastic bag or container. Cover with the beer marinade and refrigerate for one hour.
4. Braai boerewors over hot coals (or on the gas braai if you're in a hurry). Alternatively, cook it in the marinade in a 200°C preheated oven.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'