LIFESTYLE NEWS - This vegetarian dish is a delicious and nutritious winter warmer.
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20g fresh garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 12g dried cumin
- 16g garam masala
- 800g red lentils, cooked and cooled
- 300g tomatoes, crushed
- 60ml Maggi chilli sauce
- 600g low-fat coconut milk
- 2g fine salt
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cumin and garam masala and fry until fragrant.
- Add the lentils and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, chilli sauce and coconut milk and bring to a slow simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy. Season well and serve.
Recipe supplied by Nestle