LIFESTYLE NEWS - These delicious scones are light but with a nice crusty outside.
- 350g self-raising flour, plus more for dusting
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 85g cold butter cubes
- 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 150g natural full-fat yoghurt
- 4 tbsp full-fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp milk, to glaze
- Put a baking sheet in the oven at 220°C.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix in the butter until it disappears.
- Add the sugar and make a hole in the middle.
- Warm the yoghurt, milk and vanilla together in the microwave for 1 min.
- Work quickly into the flour mix using a knife.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface, then, with floured hands, fold the dough over a few times until smoothish.
- Press out to about 4cm thick. Cut into 7cm pieces until all dough is used.
- Brush tops with egg wash, scatter flour over the hot sheet.
- Place the scones on and bake for 12 mins until risen and golden.
- Best eaten just-warm, or on the day.
Recipe supplied by Jane Hornby for BBC Good Food