LIFESTYLE NEWS - This hearty winter comfort food recipe combines warm spices with preserved lemon for a delicious flavour.
- 1.4kg lamb stewing meat
- 60ml Maggi chilli sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 40ml extra virgin olive oil
- 300g onion, diced
- 400g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- 3g low-sodium beef stock
- 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 50g preserved lemon, diced
- 70g green olives, pitted
- In a large bowl combine the lamb, chilli sauce, pepper and salt and stir well.
- Sprinkle the flour over and stir to combine.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil to high heat.
- Fry the meat in batches until brown on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onions and carrots to the same pot and fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cumin and cinnamon and fry until fragrant.
- Place the meat back in the pot and add in the beef stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Simmer covered for 40 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the chickpeas, preserved lemon and green olives.
- Allow to simmer uncovered for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Recipe supplied by Nestle