The consultative sessions aim to provide the platform for interested members of the safety fraternity as well as the general public to make submissions on the regulations which are open for comment until 15 February 2016.
The consultative workshops are scheduled for:
- 1 February – Beaufort West – Olive Grove Guestfarm;
- 2 February – George – Protea Hotel Outeniqua;
- 3 February – Caledon – Caledon Casino Hotel and Spa;
- 4 February – Worcester – Protea Hotel Cumberland;
- 5 February – Citrusdal – Piekenierskloof Mountain Lodge;
- 8 February – Mitchell’s Plain – Lentegeur Auditorium; and
- 9 February – Cape Town CBD – Strand Towers Hotel.
- The monitoring, oversight and assessment of policing;
- Accreditation and the support of Neighbourhood Watches (NHWs);
- Database of and partnerships with community organisations (including security service providers); and
- Regular reporting on crime statistics by the Provincial Commissioner and the Executive Head of the Municipal Police.
The draft regulations are available on the Department of Community Safety’s website and any submissions on the regulations can be sent, before 15 February, for attention: Adv JC Gerber SC, by
Department of Community Safety,
Directorate: monitoring & Evaluation
PO Box 5346
The office of the Head of the Department of Community Safety
35 Wale Street