SWD lost against both Boland and Western Province earlier in the season whilst the match against Eastern Province was rained out.
Coach Eric Jacobs will be hoping for an improvement on last season when the SWD won four of their 10 matches. SWD with Western Province, Boland, Eastern Province, Border and Kei all form part of the west/east pool and will play a home and away format.
The SWD squad for the weekend is: Michelle Afrika, Micaela Andrews, Bianca Taute, Annemie Koen, Bianca Figland, Jenilee Manuel, Kaylene Pypers, Haroline Rhodes, Julandi Saaiman, Elzaan Pieterse, Chemon Michaels, Monique Booysen, Cecilia Strydom and Janet Winster.
Unfortunately, Carina Crause (work) and Marnizelle Rabie (Springbok rugby training camp) is not available for selection.
The remaining fixtures for the season are:
- 18 Jan 2014 KEI vs SWD (Mthatha)
- 19 Jan 2014 Border vs SWD (East London)
- 26 Jan 2014 SWD vs Eastern Province (Recreational Ground; Oudtshoorn)
- 01 Feb 2014 Boland vs SWD (Paarl)
- 02 Feb 2014 Western Province vs SWD (Cape Town)
- 08 Feb 2014 SWD vs KEI (Recreational Ground; Oudtshoorn)
- 22 Feb 2014 SWD vs Border (Bridgton; Oudtshoorn)