LIFESTYLE NEWS - It seems schools may not be the haven we have always trusted them to be.
And while school violence is prevalent and widespread, schools are also being targeted by criminals for electronic devices such as computers and IT equipment.
Dialdirect Insurance shares the following tips to maximise the protection of your child at school:
- Know what security methods, procedures and systems are in place at the school.
- Ensure that both you and your child know what to do in the case of an emergency.
- Ensure that the school you choose has a transparent flow of communication between staff and parents.
- Become familiar with the system used at the school in the event of violence or crime: is trauma counselling provided, for example?
- What is the procedure for collecting children after school? Who do you inform if someone else is collecting your child?
- Where is the emergency meeting point at the school?
- Ensure your child has memorised the following emergency numbers:
- Nationwide Emergency Response: 10111
- Mobile phone emergency hotline: 112
- Ambulance/ Fire Brigade: 10177
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Karoo, Hessequa news'