GEORGE NEWS - The usual refuse removal schedule continues this week.
Delays in the picking up of blue and green bags are being experienced, but the bags will be collected - even if a day or so late, and blue and green bags can remain outside.
Replacement blue and green bags (bundles containing at least two) will be delivered from today to houses where green and blue bags are being picked up.
The current blue/green pick-up delay is due to a limited number of large trucks being available for the service, so smaller vehicles are having to deal with the load.
The municipality understands the frustration this causes, apologises for the inconvenience and continues to work towards solutions within the challenges created by the larger situation.
Except for security complexes, estates and businesses where workers could not access bags to collect over the weekend, last week’s backlog of green and blue bags has been cleared. The rest is currently being addressed.
Refuse removal days:
- Monday: Blanco, Riverlea, Heatherpark, Heatherlands, Glen Barrie, Kraaibosch, Groenkloof, Blue Mountain Village, Herold's Bay, Victoria Bay
- Tuesday: Levallia, Rosemoor, Conville, Protea Park, Parkdene, Ballotsview, Borchards, Lawaaikamp, Thembalethu, Wilderness (excluding Wilderness Heights), Touwsranten, Constantia Kloof
- Wednesday: Camphersdrift, Fernridge, Denneoord, Bo-Dorp, Blommekloof, Tweerivieren, Hoogekraal, Hoekwil
- Thursday: Wilderness Heights, Dormehlsdrift, George South, Le Grand, Bos en Dal, Groeneweidepark, Sinksabrug, Herold, Geelhoutboom, Eselsjacht, Hansmoeskraal, Jonkershoek, Rooirivierrif, Pacaltsdorp, Rosedale, Waboomskraal
- Friday: Glenwood, Loerie Park, Eden, Genevafontein, Denver Park, Bergsig, Eastern Extension
- Businesses: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'