BUSINESS NEWS - South Cape TVET College, is a leading, top performing public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College serving communities across the Garden Route, Kannaland and the Karoo. The college has six campuses, namely: Beaufort West campus, Bitou campus, George campus, Hessequa campus, Mossel Bay campus and the Oudtshoorn campus.
It offers a range of programmes responsive to local and national economic needs, across the fields of Business Studies, Engineering, ICT, Hospitality, Tourism, Early Childhood Development, Safety in Society, Occupational programmes, Artisan training and HE programmes in partnership with various Higher Education Institutions.
South Cape TVET College invites members of:
- the public;
- members of the local business community; and
- relevant non-governmental organizations.
To nominate persons by virtue of the fact that they can give expression to:
- Ensure that functions of the Council are performed according to the highest governance standard;
- Ensure that the Council is broadly representative of the TVET sector and its related interests;
- Ensure that the Council Members have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the TVET sector and have a recognized qualification/s (diploma/degree), as well as, verifiable experience accompanied by a solid grounding in ethical practices with a high level of accountability;
- Appreciate the role of the TVET colleges in the continuous development and expansion of the TVET sector, and have a clear understanding of Government’s trajectory with regards to the sector, as contained in the National Development Plan: Vision for 2030;
- Ensure that members contribute to the strategic direction of South Cape TVET College – by offering knowledge and experience in strategic planning, including the development and delivery of college strategy, for attainment of its short, medium and long-term goals;
- Ensure that Nominees have experience to engage and establish partnerships and linkages with industry, for the purposes of Work-Integrated-Learning and Work-based Education for both students and lecturers;
- Ensure that Council is broadly representative of the community served by South Cape TVET College in respect of race, gender and disability; and
- Ensure that the nominated Council Members reside within reasonable distance from the College, in order to reduce costs related to Council and Council Committee meetings, in terms of travel and accommodation.
Four (4) positions are available on the South Cape TVET College Council. Preference will be given to persons with financial, human resources, IT and legal skills.
The nomination must include the CV of the nominee, and certified copies (not older than 3 months) of the ID of the nominee and all relevant qualifications. Please note that all applications will be subject to a vetting process.
Nominations made in reply to this notice must be submitted to the College by not later than 18 April 2019 to:
Ms Joanie Steyls at: firstname.lastname@example.org or a hard copy can be delivered at: South Cape TVET College Central Office, 125 Mitchell Street, George to Joanie Steyls in Room 203.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'