MOSSEL BAY NEWS - The popular Dias & Port Festival takes place from 31 January to 3 February.
The festival arena at the De Bakke Santos Resort will host both regular and new activities.
There will be a weekend of excellent entertainment for the whole family. Also on offer will be a variety of stalls, fun rides and a children's play and entertainment area as well as a wide variety of local and top South African artists performing.
Some of the Dias & Port Festival 2019 highlights are:
- Stage performances by local and top South African artists
- Arrival of a Bartolomeu Dias-lookalike and International Flag Ceremony
- Flag jumps at Santos Beach
- International and indigenous folk dancing
- 30th anniversary celebration of the Bartolomeu Dias Museum and museum tours
- Street parade with colourful floats and costumes
- Two classical music events at the Bartolomeu Dias Museum
- Tjiff and Tjaff live on stage
National music stars
Top South African artists on stage from 1 to 3 February will include 2018 South African Idols Winner Yanga, Snotkop, The Rockets, Refentse, Paxton, ADAM, Brendan Peyper, Riana Nel, Loyiso Bala and Emo Adams.
The official opening of the Dias & Port Festival is on Thursday, 31 January. A Cultural Evening will take place in the Town Hall, where the premier of the Western Cape, Helen Zille, will deliver the keynote address.
On Friday, 1 February local bands and artists will be performing on stage from 16:30 till late.
There will also be a Langeberg Mall programme that will include various dance and music acts.
'We bring you the latest Mossel Bay, Garden Route news'