LIFESTYLE NEWS - Try pairing the dish with Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018.
15ml olive oil
Small bunch of spring onions, finely sliced (reserve some for serving)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 medium size smoked chicken breasts, sliced
250ml fresh cream
10ml wholegrain mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
Handful French chives, chopped (reserve some for serving)
200g pasta of choice, boiled and drained
1. In a wide pan, heat the oil and fry the spring onions and garlic over medium heat until they are soft and fragrant.
2. Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes until lightly golden, then add the cream and mustard.
3. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook for two minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in half the chives.
5. Add the pasta and toss to coat, then remove from heat.
6. Serve hot, scattered with more spring onions and the rest of the chives.