NATIONAL NEWS - Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy Gwede Mantashe announces the adjustment of fuel prices based on current local and international factors with effect from 2 December.
South Africa’s fuel prices are adjusted on a monthly basis, informed by international and local factors.
International factors include the fact that South Africa imports both crude oil and finished products at a price set at the international level, including importation costs, e.g. shipping costs.
Based on current local and international factors, the fuel prices for December 2020 will be adjusted as follows:
- Petrol (both 93 ULP and LRP): 13 cents per litre decrease
- Diesel (0.05% sulphur): 19,86 cents per litre increase;
- Diesel (0.005% sulphur): 19.86 cents per litre increase;
- Illuminating Paraffin (wholesale): 28.86 cents per litre increase;
- SMNRP for IP: 38 cents per litre increase;
- Maximum LPGas Retail Price: R1,37 per kilogram increase.