MOTORING NEWS - The festive season lies ahead - and so does a very long school holiday. Don’t wait until the last minute to prepare your vehicle for a safe drive to your holiday destination, as it could cost you dearly
Here are some tips:
• Get someone’s help to ensure that all the bulbs on your vehicle are in working order.
• Check the windscreen wipers for cracks and replace if necessary. Refill the washer fluid. One long road trip on muddy roads can require a lot of washer fluid to keep the windshield clear.
• The condition of your vehicle’s tyres can mean the difference between life and death. You need at least 1,6mm tread on all four tyres.
• Make sure your spare tyre is properly inflated and in a good condition.
• Check the oil level as well as the power steering fluid.
• Make sure your brake pads and drums are shipshape, and that the brake fluid level is fine.
• If the vehicle gives you a hard ride, then worn or damaged suspension parts like shocks or struts may need to be replaced.
• And for complete peace of mind, book your car in for a service before you set off on a long drive.
• Be prepared for any emergency and top up the first aid kit if necessary.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Karoo, Hessequa news'