NATIONAL NEWS - The utility could be implementing cuts for a massive 15 hours today, it says.
In a statement on Tuesday morning, power utility Eskom confirmed that load shedding would dominate the day again, starting with stage 3 rotational cuts from 08:00 until possibly as late as 23:00.
Yesterday, the utility moved to stage 4 in the afternoon, causing traffic jams in major cities as most commuters struggled to move through streets without traffic lights.
The utility says it emergency reserves of diesel and water are still running low.
The following Southern Cape areas will be affected by stage 3 today:
- Oudtshoorn will be off from 08:00 - 10:30.
- Slangrivier between 08:00 - 08:30.
- Nieu-Bethesda from 09:00 - 11:30 and 17:00 - 19:30.
- George from 10:00 - 12:30.
- Sedgefield, Rheenendal & Buffalo Bay from 10:00 - 12:30.
- Aberdeen from 13:00 - 15:30 and 21:00 - 23:30.
- Graaff-Reinet from 15:00 - 17:30
- Riversdale from 16:00 - 18:30.
- Knysna and Plett will be affected from 16:00 - 18:30.
- Mossel Bay will be affected from 16:00 - 18:30.
- Stilbaai and surrounding areas from 16:00 - 18:30.